Thursday, January 16, 2014

ADVENTures with Blow Torches


Not THAT's a license plate!

A family donated this book to our classroom!

Have you seen a happier boy!?
I think I might have started something!

Welcome to my world:  TEETH on the floor, 
boots without a child and 9 degrees of COLD!

The first week of Advent:  Stir up your power, O Lord, and come.  Protect us by your strength and save us from the threatening dangers of our sins, for you live and reign with the Father and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever, Amen.




"Compose Yourself" - our Fall concert theme!
Kids learned all about composers while singing key pieces of each composer.  
All this, while I was battling double-lung pneumonia.  Oy.

Busted! Ruth Ann caught red-handed leaving me 
happy notes that I discovered during the concert.
Feeling the love!

Munchkins eating BEFORE the action begins.
Love their smiles!

I replaced the photo of composer Franz Schubert 
with a photo of my friend Stacie Schubert, 
and made copies JUST for my ever-supporting row of friends!  
YEAH!  

Front Row:  Ruth Ann, Brenda, Andrea, Sarah
Back Row:  Brad, Stacie, Bruce
Even more love!

How cool does he look!?


I love the fact that there are so many BOYS in choir!






Grant and Laney - choir's a family affair!

Beauty!


Icicles of my own!

The second week of Advent (as viewed via live-streaming - the pneumonia got the best of me.)  Stir up your hearts, Lord God, to prepare the way of your only Son.  By his coming nurture our growth as people of repentance and peace; through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen

What's that?  Oh, my evil, mucous-filled lungs.  UGH.  

Note to self:  remind X-ray tech that you've had an orbital implant put into your head BEFORE he freaks out and thinks you have a brain tumor.  Poor guy.  At least he gave me a copy of my x-rays after it was all done!

Christopher from Bethany!  
Four year olds ROCK!

Flat Stanley for a former Flagstonian.

Adventures in Music Class.  

AK and friends!

Drum?  What drum?

Nothing to see folks.  

Hey look!  Mr. Froggie is still kicking.

Brenda on the other hand is near death.  Again.

LOVE. MY. KIDS.

Soup from Sarah!  Only thing I could swallow.

My creative little ones are always so willing to share their new learning.
He's never played the piano in my class before and comes along with this!

What you see in this picture is a smiling, happy AlliKaye.  What you don't see in this picture is that my children are surrounded by my classroom furniture, shielding them while we were in a full lockdown.  The shooting at Arapahoe High School sent our entire district into a lockdown.  Memories of Newtown flooded our minds and hearts - and here we were, a year later, practicing what to do if an active shooter (or danger) entered our school.  It makes my heart sad to think that my children have to practice such things.  


Leave it to the kids to figure out how to 
lighten the mood after something so serious.

They grabbed various holiday garb and decided to make up their own games.  
Bless their hearts, they could do no wrong.

They decorated everything in my room for
 the Holiday Sing-Along later that evening.

That's right, aside from surviving a concert and teaching,  
I thought a Pancake Dinner and leading 
a Sing-Along would be a great idea.  Oy.

Ok, notes like this certainly help inspire one to continue.

And happy families like these help, too.

And friends (and bosses!) like these ABSOLUTELY help.

After another school shooting takes the life 
of two people at a high school close to our hearts,
one can only end the day in the arms of a child.  

The third week of Advent:  Stir up the wills of all who look to you, Lord God, and strengthen our faith in your coming, that, transformed by grace, we may walk in your way; through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.  Amen

"We wish you a Merry Christmas...
...and a Happy New Year!"

Emma Bean after preschool class.  
LOVE seeing her in school.

Here's AlliKaye again, in a HYSTERICAL photo with her twin siblings!  Oh my goodness, this photo makes me laugh and smile and laugh all over again!

Couldn't find my pink scarf.  
Until I arrived home and found it hanging on the tree.
WHAT the WHAT!?

This is the acceptable photo of Kelli and I at the Orchestra Concert.

This is the REAL photo of Kelli and I at the Orchestra Concert.

Oh. My. Goodness.  
Sometimes it hurts to support the kiddos.  

Holiday Sweater Day.  
And some REALLY, poorly placed flowers!

We are that cool.  And no, I don't have horns.

Check THIS out!  


How creative is this!?  I have the best parents at school!

Amy made the mistake of letting me know 
there was a blow-torch in her science room.  
Hello, sweet potato...this is going to get REAL!

Eat or do not eat.  There is no munch.
Stac and I found a Yoda sitting at the table next to us.
May the force be with you.  
And your steak and salad.

Nicola's babes are growing and growing!
Abbey, John and Trevor - Christmas 2013.
Too SWEET!

No comments: