Thursday, October 1, 2009

Carnita Burrito

One of my favorite Fall lessons is to introduce Orff's "Carmina Burana" to my 6th graders. They are usually in need of some bombastic music - something loud with crazy text, and lots of gongs and percussion. This totally fits the bill. They eat up the history, love saying the word ORFF, and I have a blast teaching it. This particular batch of 6th graders has been extra amusing.

Kid: Hey, I think I've ordered that at Taco Bell.

Me: WHAT?

Kid: Carnita Burrito.
Me: Carmina Burana!

Kid: That's what I said. Mmmm, yummy.


Me: If the men are called MONKS, what are the women called?
Kid: Monkettes.
Me: Uh...no.
Kid: Monkees.
Me: No. They're called Nuns.
Kid: Nones? There aren't any? Then why are we naming them!?

"Are nuns balds, too?"

"I always thought monks were ninjas."


I LOVE MY JOB!

2 comments:

d.n.williamson said...

Once again, made me laugh. Thanks. I hope that when I go back to teaching, I love it as much as you do.

Chance said...

too funny!

hey sista, I gave you a blog award on my blog today for always making me smile!