Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Faithful Soles - September 11th

Booya - another 20 miles under our feet! Faithful Soles Sarah, Ron, and myself participated in the Lost and Found Freedom Run/Walk/Rally on September 11th. Seriously, if you would have asked me 5 years ago if I would be walking 20 miles on a Saturday, I would have laughed. Loudly.

Other than locking my keys in the car before the race even began (hooray for Triple A friends - authentic, available, affirming...AND card-carrying members), it was a splendid Saturday outdoors.

I made the t-shirt I wore for the race - Operation One Nation
is the veteran assistance program at Bethany.

Booya for brothers!

SH, BG, RTG

Proof positive I'm not the one on my phone all the time.
Wait...I used my phone to take this picture.
Dang.

We followed these yellow ribbons along our 20 mile trek.
Very visible way to commemorate the day.

You know I love water. Any form.
This was the turn-around point.

This may have been right around the time we were singing along with Angela Lansbury and "A Step in the Right Direction" from Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Honestly, people it was a hot morning. We needed some inspiration!

Lovely.

Almost done...

BOOYA!

We weren't quite done for the day...Back to Church day was the next day, and the windows at church needed a bit'o'attention. Shiny, aren't they? Great day!

No comments: