Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Sabbath and Sunshine and Spring in the Air


February 2016 brought me to my second semester of Seminary at PLTS.  I was thankful to be able to load up that backpack with all of the texts for this next semester.  Like the wall-hangings say, I'm full of faith and blessings!

Spring Classes include:  Christian Education, Introduction to Greek, Public Ministry, Lutheran Confessions, Spiritual Formation Group, and Deepening the Well - Spiritual Practices.  

Dr. Kirsi Stjerna is not only my Advisor, but we get to spend class time together this Spring in Lutheran Confessions.  Let's just say that I will have a VERY good understanding of the Book of Concord - it's FULL of Lutheran info.  

(Did you notice the extra classmate we 
had the first day?  Check out the second seat!)

Always amazing to look around in February,
and see flowers in full bloom!  Lovely!

 Stumbled across a picture of Susan and I from back in January when we were helping out with the Rice and Beans Food Breakdown at Bethany.  

 Again with the beauty!

I'm not entirely certainly how many times we'll be coming across the word "dinosaur" in the Bible, but if it was written in Greek, I would be able to pronounce it!  

I'm happy to say that my brain is beginning to make the connections it is supposed to when reading Greek.  I still can't do it as fast as I'd LIKE to...but at least I'm catching on!

 AND!  Recognizing Greek words in public settings!
Βαπτισμα = to baptize
μετανοια = to repent

 Thank goodness for Hallie.  Or Heelie.  Or Halline.
Or whatever our profs continue to call her today.

What a joy that Liana attends Preschool within walking distance!  Something about spending early, morning time with little people makes my heart smile!

 Look at those eyes...Cameron, you're a dear!

 Stunning beauty, just bursting on neighborhood trees!

 My socks must have known C wanted to read all about penguins!

For a boy who removes ALL of his clothing, EVERY chance he gets, I was surprised he wanted to crawl inside my big, ole sweatshirt!  Silly boy!
  
You know that feeling you get once you've completed all the household STUFF you need to do, and the piles are gone, and the laundry is hanging up?  Yeah....well, that happy feeling COMPLETELY disappears if you hang too many wet clothes on the shower rod, as the SOUND that a CRASH like that makes is enough to make one think your bathroom is having its own, personal EARTHQUAKE!  Cinco didn't come out from under the bed for a good hour, and my clean clothes were covered in cat hair once again.  Sigh.

 Poor, little furball.  
Didn't mean to spook you!

"Brenda?  Will you please babysit my American Girl doll?"

Sure, Liana.  Love to.  Just be sure to come back for her.
And bring something for her to wear...besides the helmet!

#lovethyneighbor
#theresanakeddollonmylap
#saturdaymorningsermonwriting
#readyforacarridewithbrendathough

Delia from Bethany crafts there beautiful Angels out of old and discarded metal.  I used these three Angels, as part of my Children's Sermon for Transfiguration:  going from ordinary to something holy.  Kiddos loved feeling and holding the angels, and left with a concrete (well...METAL) idea of change.  

 Little bugaboos!  Maddie and Michael, 
all ready for the big, Super Bowl game!  
Go, Broncos!
 Emma even made a Broncos wreath!  

Such an exhausting, FaceTime conversation,
it put Emma to sleep!  Silly beans! 

Congrats, Broncos!   

Preached for the third time on Transfiguration Sunday.
Spent my lunchtime at the sparkling Bay.
How fortunate I am to have such peace in my backyard....

 ...and such beauty in my neighborhood!

 AND on my campus!
Blossoms in February!?  Unreal!
 Coming down the hill from Campus is ALWAYS a treat.

 Going to to get the mail isn't so bad, either!

I was able to (finally) stand a few moments on the piano bench, as I have had to avoid that activity for a while because of my snapped tailbone!   YAY for that!  

I can't tell you how ODD it is to be seeing lush, green grass on campus.  NOT the typical colors for this season!  Nor is it common to have the windows open. 

Open windows DO lead, however, to amusing conversations with one's neighbor about how to best feed and dress the smallest of your dolls.   Good to know.

 Oh. My. Goodness.
This cheeky, cherub is now THREE years young.
As for the striped lad you see sleeping on my shoulders, 
well, I just scooped him up and off to dreamland he went.

I'm thinking Tuesday afternoons are going to be my favorite.
We had  a brief, gap in-between classes, and
we chose to eat our lunch on the lawn.  In the sun.
In February.  

Morning time with the boys. 

 5 months old, and going strong on the cuteness factor.

 Silly, bugaboos!  Love those grins!

The Miracle Pillow!  My pal, Ashley, dropped this Coccyx Pillow off at my house, and it has been a lifesaver!  Doesn't take away the pain, but it does give me an extra hour or two when seated.  It comes with me to each class...even in the car.  

 Cinco.  Cinco, Cinco, Cinco.
Only my furball would somehow figure out how to leave me little, piles of snack-ralphing (that's not a real word,  but I like it better than vomit).  Look at how oddly it's spaced out?!  What a nut!

 ...and the darkness did NOT overcome it.
Not yet, anyways.  We practice our text by listening to our Prof read the text, and then we record ourselves, repeating the text.  He said I'm saying most of the words correctly...WHEW!

 Yay for FaceTime!  We began our Annual Lenten Book Study, gathered together at Andrea and Bruce's home in Castle Rock.  The gang was kind enough to digitally include me in the discussion - it was almost like being there!  

 Look at them all!
Andrea, Susan, Sarah, Bruce (standing),
 Lynn, Sue Ann, Mark, Stacie.

Life in the Psalms.  Twill be a wonderful Lent.

Sabbath and Sunshine.
A beautiful way to spend our President's Day! 

We traveled to Stinson Beach, just over an hour away.

Paradise!

 I could set up camp here and NEVER leave!

A wee, bit of ocean wonderfulness!
Hallie, Bren, Caitlyn

What a darling, little food shack on the beach.
They served soft serve ice cream...with olive oil and sea salt.  
DELICIOUS! 
A rather content, Beach Bum named Brenda.

 Tuesday, February 16th.  

I'm officially 37 years young.  A strange number to be!

The skies were absolutely fantastic today - swirls and curls all over!

Do you see what I see?  💜

 Another Tuesday, another chance for a lovely lunch outdoors!

 Grilled chicken salad - a birthday lunch,
made by and shared with friends!

 Big, beautiful flowers are blossoming everywhere!

Berry cobbler, complete with burning candles!
Year 37....here we go!

Sitting in the middle of Confessions class, 
and whose face appears on my screen!?  
Why Miss Maddie, calling from Colorado!  

 I no sooner hang up with Maddie, 
and Cait calls from Colorado, too!  
They all look like they've grown so much!  
So much love from CO!

Thankfully (wisely), our prof let us work outside for a portion of the day.  Smart idea, considering we were all pining to be OUT in the beautiful sunshine!

Came home after my late night class,
and found a BEAUTIFUL, decorated door.
Purple and LOTS of stickers, of course!


Aw, let the craziness ensue!  Evie, Liana, Cameron (and eventually Ryan and Baby Holden) joined the fun!  What a blessing to be surrounded by such awesome and loving neighbors!

 Seriously.  I got to blow out candles TWICE today! Birthday joy comes in a quart-sized container of Cookie Butter Ice Cream from Trader Joe's.  JOY!

Anyone who knows me knows I'm most delighted when surrounded by (and possibly trampled underneath) lots of children.  This whole DAY, I've been tackled by love, from phone calls to birthday song videos, to some of the most incredible messages on Facebook (I still have yet to sort through them all!)....it's SOOOO spirit-filling and kind!

You folks really know how to make a girl feel special!! 
 My deepest thanks!

No comments: