Friday, July 5, 2013

One-eyed, No-horned Cooking Purple Play Dough Maker

"It was a One-eyed, No-horned 
Cooking Purple Play Dough Maker."

Just rolls off your tongue, doesn't it?  :)

 Seriously.  Loving.  Summer.  Days.

Works for me.

If I have to do homework, then I'm going
 to do it outdoors, thank you very much.

Oh, this little guy should be outdoors.  

Running free. Playing water gun tag with his buddies.  Prayers for Sawyer, recovering over in the Children's Hospital in San Antonio, TX.  He's been there forever (weeks now) and we just want him healthy, back in action and home here in CO. 

When I uploaded this photo, I did all the normal things I do to get it blog-ready - cropped, lightened things up if necessary...but I had to stop when I almost clicked on straighten.  STRAIGHTEN.  If only that was all it took to help Sawyer and his ribs.  Prayer of healing heading your way, Soy boy.  
  
This is going to be ALL OVER my classroom this next year.  
Literally and figuratively.

*(@#$&(* Take that, stupid teacher evals. (*@&#$*

You can quantify and qualify my scholastic skills,
but you'll never injure my heart or the heart of my children!

Speaking of stupid...Had to mess with Siri a LITTLE this week.  

 Wow.  A bit touchy, aren't we, Siri?  

 A Picard-y third.  :)
+ Just for you, Mary Alice. +

Hmmm.  What could I be making now? 

Hmmm...

Hmm....HUMMAS!   It worked!

 Thought I'd try my luck at Tzatziki sauce!

 PUUUUSHED my luck.

(And apparently, if you attempt to push the bits of cucumbers down into the still-moving blender, your spatula will be eaten ALIVE.  Note to self.)

Delicious!  Cucumber, Greek Yogurt, Mint.  

AWESOME...as long as you really, REALLY heed the warning about drying out the cucumber. And the yogurt.  I now have a lovely Tzatziki SOUP - not exactly dippable, but definitely flavor-full!  Next time!

Oooh, you know it's going to be 
a good day when Brenda picks up a 
BOX OF FOOD COLORING!

With a bottle of PURPLE!  JOY AHEAD!

 Looks like an angry little blob of dough
doesn't it?  Home-made play dough!

 DO NOT EAT.  Simply squish.


I had bought this for a DIFFERENT recipe,
but it made my play dough smell AWESOME!


Can't go wrong with Cream Cheese!
Recipe book from Mom, finally put to good use!


Oh, yeah.  

 Isn't this gorgeous!?  And it's edible!  HA!

 Seriously, look at that?!  ART, I tell ya.

 When will I remember to remove my jewelry 
BEFORE
 beginning another cooking project?!  

Oh yeah, probably NEVER.  

 Hey!  Powdered Sugar makes an AMAZING mess.
Bet you knew that.

It also makes some amazing MINTS.  

They are in my freezer, and are like little purple drops of JOY, melting in your mouth!  SCORE!  Next time, I"ll have to take more care in shaping them - these are scary little blobs, too.  But SO WORTH IT!

"Sure looks good to me!"

No comments: