Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Rapids Game - More Photos!

Here are a couple more pictures from our National Anthem performance at the Colorado Rapids Game on Saturday, September 5th. Thank you again to the Peters, Drab, MacLean, and Brownsberger families for providing these pictures - it's been fun to see what was happening all around us as we prepared to sing!

No idea what they're in for and BOY they look great!

My colorful bunch on the field.

We waited in our own section of the North Stands for about an hour. The kid were great at entertaining themselves, chatting with one another, and keeping their energy somewhat contained as the sun went down and the lights came on!

Awesome panoramic shot of the entire stadium. We were
able to look directly at section 119, our Flagstone Families!

Our biggest fans! Thank you, everyone!

Edson the Eagle getting us pumped up before we walked out on the field! What you can't hear is the roar of the crowd and the super cool James Bond music being pumped into through the stadium speakers!

Just check out the action happening all around us! Flags in the center of the field, Toronto and Rapids players standing behind us, television camera crews EVERYWHERE, and the Flagstone Choir in the middle of it all!

Too cool! FSE on the big screen!

Close-up!

Our name up in lights!

I just LOVE this picture! Yeah, Sammie!

Another one of the Rapids Mascots, Franz the Fox, came to visit the singing bunch up in the stands! What a night!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

That is so very cool you guys got to sing the National Anthem - both of them, Brenda GreenWAY! HA! You found that funnier than I did - I would not be so gracious.

What great pictures of your dad and brother's trip. Brad looks absolutely ripped. Please tell me he's not just wearing 10 shirts underneath. I can't believe he still likes the Cowboys. I had hoped he would grow out of it, kind of like all the bad habits we have as kids but eventually mature out of.

I didn't know Bill TeWinkle was ordained. That's cool. My mom played opposite of him in 1776, which they did last spring. They played John and Abigail Adams and my mom really enjoyed it.

Let me know when you are in town. I'd love to get together with you sometime.