Monday, April 27, 2009

Bosom Buddies

The passing of Bea Arthur was a sad part of this past weekend. Her command of the stage, be it on Broadway or television was impressive. The characters she portrayed were sarcastic, spunky and full of life. Arthur passed away at her home on Saturday, April 25th, at the age of 86.


Her bond to Angela Lansbury, another actor I cherish, ran 40+ years strong. Lansbury released the following statement regarding her friend, Bea:

"Bea Arthur and I first met when we did 'Mame' together in 1965. She became and has remained 'My Bosom Buddy' ever since. I am deeply saddened by her passing, but also relieved that she is released from the pain. I spoke to Matt, her son, yesterday and I was aware that her time was imminent. She was a rare and unique performer and a dear, dear friend."

No comments: