Thursday, March 19, 2009

Listening for Wisdom

Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.
Jimi Hendrix

I'm not sure where the hidden wisdom of the day can be found, but I'm still listening!

8:00 am: Our school staff receives a sad e-mail about a colleague who fell off a horse and is in serious condition at a local hospital. Lots of prayers.

2:15 pm: An over-zealous 6th grader gets a little bit too excited about scoring a base in Musical Baseball, and, while dancing his celebration dance, full-on head butts me. Direct contact between his skull and my left hip. Awesome.

3:00 pm: I accidentally get my pinkie finger stuck inside the mallet holder of the xylophone. Yes, inside. A little pushing, a little pulling, and some water, and the finger popped right out. 10 minutes later, that is.

4:00 pm: Weird, automated reverse-911 call from local authorities to be on the lookout for a missing 5 year old boy in the neighborhood. (Update: Another reverse-911 call at 6:00 pm: Missing child has been found and is safe at home with his family.)

YES, it's been that kind of a day!

No comments: