Friday, March 20, 2009

My Friends, My Way

Some people go to priests;
others to poetry; I to my friends.
Virginia Woolf

Ah, the Thought Jar has officially come to an end. I have been pulling a thought each day since January 1st - there were 79 posts in all. Perfect number - my birth year! A ton of fun quotes, deep thoughts, and ironic comments. Thank you, again, Kato!


What I've learned:
  • I learned about a bunch of new people - people I have never heard of, people I had heard of but had forgotten, people I should know more about.
  • I've learned that some individuals really have nothing to say.
  • I've learned that I love blogging daily. It's a release as much as it is routine.
  • I've learned that today's quote will point me to where I want to go with this blog: to my friends. Be it daily or not, I know that the people that surround me will supply this blog with the quips, wisdom, and remarks I seek.
Some of my favorite quotes/posts:
~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~ • ~ ~ ~

And now, the end is here;
And so I face the final jar thought.
My friends, I'll say it clear,
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've read a ton of quotes,
I've thought through each and every notion,
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each daily blog,
Each careful step since January,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I wrote it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way!

No comments: