Friday, November 26, 2010

Sing, Sing, Sing!

The pastors and staff at Bethany are
ready to gobble up this holiday!

"Why don't you bring a fruit pie." - Can do.
Well, I can at least TRY to do.
Step 1: buy a crust that's already made. Check.

Step 2: Cut up really yummy looking fruit.

(Side story: I chuckled and kidded with a nice lady who walked directly into the yams at the grocery store. She was equally as kind when I took out the berry display a moment later. Seriously, berries were everywhere (except the floor) - I think the grocery lady who helped clean things up was a little too excited to take all those berries to the workroom. Perhaps I was set up to crash into that display...)

Fear not: this is what your fingers look
like after slicing a ton of black berries.

Mmmm...black berries.

Step 3: Stir in lemon juice.
Aw, man...it said lemon. I bought lime.
No way I was showing my face in that grocery store again, thank you.
Lemon it is.

Step 4: Fold in Cool Whip.

And, really, Cool Whip, must you be frozen when I purchase you!? "Thaw for 4 hours in fridge". Oh, I totally have an extra 4 hours to kill. No problem. Grrr.

Step 5: Pour into happy crust and decorate.
I can't help but be symmetrical. It's a curse. Gift. Whatever.

Step 6: Wait all night for pie to set, only to discover IT DIDN'T.
Step 7: Return to said grocery store in disguise.
Step 8: Purchase and bake a real pie for family.
Step 9: Plan to enjoy lame pie attempt #1 as a dip.
Step 10: Forget to refrigerate said dip at gathering.
Step 11: Volunteer to bring silverware and napkins next year.

Quick: inkblot test.
What do YOU see?

Green Bean Salad in the making.
And I did it WITHOUT slicing off a finger.
Thank you very much.

Craisens and toasted almonds and bean.

FYI: Toasted almonds are awesome.
IF you remember they are toasting in the oven.
Probably should have set a timer for that first batch.

FYI #2: the scent of burning almonds
is NOT as appetizing as toasting almonds.

I look out the window, and the PATH is moving!
A-HA, the Turkey Trot in Castle Rock!

Good job, you healthy walker/runner people, you!

Three dozen more Soles for Souls!
My kids (and staff) ROCK!

I had wanted to be IN this box for quite some time now (since Easter), and was thrilled to discover that these humungo boxes actually open from below. Didn't take much for Andrea (who totally spearheaded the Soles for Souls initiative with her husband Bruce (the marathon guy) once again) and I to crawl inside!

The last song playing on the radio before walking into Thanksgiving dinner! Matched the Psalm on Mom and Dad's Thanksgiving Card: Let us come before him with thanksgiving. Let us sing him psalms of praise. Psalm 95:2.

Sing, Sing, SING!

No comments: