Friday, November 26, 2010

Hope and a Future

Time to ring the bells in the City and County Building again!
(click here or here to read about last year's adventures)

I'll be playing the bells on:
Thursday, December 2, 5:45 - 6:30 pm
Thursday, December 9, 7:30 - 8:15 pm
Sunday, December 12, 7:30 - 8:15 pm
Thursday, December 16, 7:30 - 8:15 pm

The theme of our last Disciple class was "Clay Pots" - we are the clay, God is the potter. Well, you KNEW I was going to go all literal on the class - they were great sports at shaping and re-shaping their clay throughout the lesson.

The last look at my two vehicles together before
Colorado Public Radio sent someone to take away my Betty. :(

Hey, that's my car! Step away
from that car, you unknown man.

Dang, I'm more attached to that thing than I thought...
Bought her on September 11, 2001. Yes, 9/11/01.

Last look as she leaves Castle Rock for her new home... Sigh.

Describe a time when you experienced forgiveness.

I spent some quiet time before our Council meeting in the Soul Schopp downstairs at Bethany (watch the video here). The room is 4-keyed to include Rituals/Traditions, Caring Conversations, Devotions, and Service. One of the many coffee tables had these awesome, conversation-starting coasters from Vibrant Faith Ministries. Love it. A most amazing youth room.

What piece of music speaks to you spiritually? How?
What characteristics do you look for a friend and/or a life partner?

The calming stones in the bowl,
each stirring more conversation.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: