Monday, January 19, 2009

Measured Silence

--- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ ---

Monday, January 19, 2009

I have often regretted my speech,
never my silence.

Xenocrates (396 - 314 BC)
Greek philosopher, mathematician, and leader of the Platonic Academy

--- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ ---

Silence? What's that?! I definitely have the speech part down, and for the most part, I can stand strongly behind what I say. As for being silent, well....something I could begin to work on. I've taken the Strengths Finders Quiz (from Gallop) about 8 times now, and the one strength that keeps popping up in my results is Communication. Their definition: "People strong in the Communication theme generally find it easy to put their thoughts into words. They are good conversationalists and presenters." I might have to throw blogging in there, too.

So, I guess I would have to balance the power of the quote above with this: say the right thing in the right way, and you'll keep yourself out of trouble. No regrets. If there is nothing to say, however, and no benefit will come of your words? Zip it.



Until then, the only measured
silence coming from Brenda will have be monitored this way:

No comments: