Friday, January 16, 2009

What I Know

--- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ ---

Friday, January 16, 2009

I am not young enough to know everything.

Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)
Irish Playwright, author, poet

--- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ ---

Well! I'm pretty sure that there is NOT an age out there where you actually know everything, although, we've all met people on both ends of the age spectrum who believe they have reached and passed this age already! Wisdom, maturity, experience, and the ability to act upon reason does indeed come as one ages. Innocence, sincerity, and curiosity, while often explicitly displayed in children, are certainly qualities an adult can both learn and benefit from possessing.

Knowing I'm somewhere in between curiosity and experience, it is the 16th of the month. In exactly 1 month, I will enter my third decade of life. I just love how that sounds - so much different than when it was only my second. What a difference 10 years can make in one's life.
One thing I know for sure: what happened in New York yesterday was a miracle. The fact that everyone survived what could have been a horrible airplane landing still amazes me! God was definitely looking out for all the people aboard that plane!

No comments: