Friday, January 9, 2009

What You See

--- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ ---

Friday, January 9, 2009

A pessimist sees the difficulty
in every opportunity,
an optimist sees the opportunity
in every difficulty.

Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)
British politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom,
noted statesman and orator, officer in British Army, historian,
a Nobel Prize-winning writer, and artist


--- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ --- ∞ ---

A gentle reminder on this long-awaited day of the week! This week has tried my optimistic nature. Attitudes, pettiness - you name it. That being said, I have 25 little reminders each and every hour of the school day, helping me figure out what really counts. They are the ones that guide me during the day, and help me figure out why I do what I do, what matters in my life.

I am VERY excited for tomorrow: I'm attending a new member class at my new church! I'm so excited to learn more about the foundation of my beliefs. While I was raised Christian Reformed (that's always sounds so sad), I've attended Lutheran congregations since my college days in Eau Claire. I've done some reading about the teachings of Luther - we'll receive our own copy at the class (I'm not sure if this makes me an over-achiever or just really curious! Let's go with...informed!) I'm excited to do some more networking at this church, too! Can't wait!

No comments: