Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shut Your Zippy

I am smack in the middle of trying to find songs for my next choir concert. A parent passed along the idea of television theme songs, and I love it! I'm trying to find the perfect mix of both songs that the kids already know (Scooby Doo, Addams Family), and then some new songs that the kids can learn (Gilligan's Island, The Andy Griffith Show)! It's always nice for the parents/community to be able to enjoy the concert as much as the kids and I do.

During my search, I came across one of the strangest, most frightening TV Theme Song website, complete with pictures and YouTube clips. It's called "Shut Your Zippy", and I've included some of the highlights for you to enjoy:

Stop It and Tidy Up (toilet bowl cleaners? manners coaches?)

The Moomins (not quite sure how they eat)

Jackanory (with Dame Judi Dench and a really, flat dog)

The Flumps (furry, fuzzballs with no ears)

Bananaman & Mr. Majeika
(what's with bananas this year!?)

Wizbit
(anything starring a chunk of cheese must be a good thing)


Shockingly, these songs will NOT be featured in our Spring Concert! A full list of the real concert songs coming soon!

No comments: